Sunday, March 11, 2012

Russian 102 Ending Soon

It's hard to believe that my Russian 102 class is coming to an end.  My "interview" final is this Wednesday.  All my correction homework is due as well.....So much has happened this term, not just with my Russian class, but with life as well.  I feel like I haven't had a chance to actually catch up.  In fact, I took a day off of work a few weeks back just so I could sleep in, then do homework and study.  All that got done, but then still life took over again.

The class also had terribly bad news - our beloved teacher is not going to follow us into the next term, into Russian 103.  It's complicated, but in the end, she was teaching one credit too many, so she dropped our class.  The school luckily didn't drop our night class, but now we're stuck with an American teacher, it's her first job and she's 27 years old, and she lived in Russian for only a year.  Yay.   Can you tell how unexcited I am?  Doesn't help that we know she's going to do things quite differently, especially grade by a "points" system, can I just say "ew" to that?  I'm going to try to look at the positive things...here, lemme see....I'll have to get back to you on that....

Last night was supposed to be our 102 study group and one person couldn't make it, and two others forgot.  M and I studied, just not at our original place - Green Dragon was crowded! We ate Hawaiian instead and the place gave us our food and left us alone to go over our questions, etc.  Too many questions on this final, it's not going to be pretty to write out all the answers, and do corrections, and do the last homework and see if there's any other homework I might be missing from this term.

While I'm sad to be losing A as a teacher for next term at least the core group of people that I like is all signed up for next term.  Plus, A promised she'd be back for next year, 201 night class!  We're having a party a week from tomorrow, after the final interview class; I think I'll bring A flowers that day.  Then a week and a half to recoup and it's on to 103 - I hope it's enough time in-between.  I need more studying time!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment