Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gah! Grades, Study Partner, Classmates & More

So, I got my first B, right after I got my first A+.

That quiz I was so worried about last time?  Yeah, I was fine, no mistakes.  Period.  No red marks on it at all.  A+, perfect score.  But my homework that I turned in on Monday, on the other hand, yeah, flat B.  Only two mistakes, and they were both the same thing, but I missed doing a whole exercise!  I talked to the teacher about it though, because the way the homework had been explained was very confusing, and she said she'd adjust my score when I did the other exercise.  That made me feel a lot better.  I had felt so deflated seeing my first B!

Also, the test I had today went not nearly as badly as I expected, well, I hope.  There was only one word I didn't remember, out of 20 or so.  And they were all "Boris is in school" or "Boris is at a restaurant" or "Boris is at work" But the test gave the name "Boris" and then gave the Russian word for "work" or office."  Again, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but we'll see how my spelling was when I get the test back.

I would be writing more about my study partner time, but we've only met a couple times because he's been sick and I've been busy the other times.  The first time was actually pretty good for both of us, the second time I think helped him more.  I'm not quite more of a tutor than a study partner, but I do have a better feel for the material.

My classmates, though, they leave me plenty to write about...actually, they're mostly okay, but there's just this one chick in particular that is really annoying.  She kills me.  She's one of the people that has a background in Russian, so much that I wonder why she's even taking this class - oh wait - I think she can understand it, but she can't speak or read it?  There are a couple others in the class as well, but for the most part they're not loud and overbearing and when they teacher is asked a question, they don't answer for her like this one chick does.  If you're getting the feeling I don't dislike this chick, that's not entirely true - I don't dislike her as a person, I dislike her as a classmate.  Would I chose to spend time with her outside of class?  Probably not, but that doesn't mean I dislike her, I dislike the fact that she's loud, obnoxious, overbearing, outspoken (and not in a good way) and finds everything hilarious and needs to have a say in everything.  She's also young (probably normal college age) I think she'll settle down some with time.

No class next Wednesday since it's Thanksgiving week, thank goodness.  We started chapter four and new material today.  I'm not sure I'm even perfectly comfortable with the material we've covered already, I'll have to make some time to not just do my homework this weekend, but actually study everything, so far I've just been skating by.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment